With thousands of pieces of machinery and equipment to sift through, finding the perfect one can prove rather difficult without the right search tools. While many of our peers in the industry do provide a host of search tools online, they often prove to be frustrating and ineffective due to a limited range of search parameters. At Surplus Record, we’ve fine-tuned the process to help you find what you need, fast.
Motors play a vital role in powering many of the machines listed on Surplus Record, which is why we’ve developed the Electric Motor Search. This powerful yet accessible search tool allows you to search by motor type (AC or DC).
The search for an electric motor shouldn’t be a challenge, and our tool is the perfect testament to that. Searching for motors has never been this easy; we focused only on minimal search parameters to give in-depth results.
How to Use the Electric Motor Search Tool
You can navigate directly to the Electric Motor Search page via the link located in our site’s footer. A variation of the search tool can also be found on our homepage (see below). From here you can quickly search by frame or be taken directly to the main Electric Motor Search tool.
- Once you’re on the Electric Motor Search page, you’ll be presented with a series of fields with which you can filter and provide additional information in order to narrow down your search. Note that all fields are optional, as you may not know all the specifics about the motor in question.
- Begin your search by selecting either AC or DC power
- Your selection will affect the remaining search options. For example, the DC search option allows you to specify three voltage parameters: VA, VF Low, and VF High, while the AC search has only the lower and top voltage limits.
- Specify the low and high points for Horsepower (HP), RPM (revolutions per minute), and Voltage.
- Enter a frame type. The frame information can be entered in a variety of ways. To search for 447ty and 447tc frames, you can simply use “447.” You may even use a question mark (?) for wildcard searches. For instance, 44?t should help you locate 449ty, 447tc, etc. frames.
- Additionally, if you happen to know the manufacturer of your desired machinery, you can scroll through the provided list of over 150 manufacturers, or manually type the name to auto-populate this field.
- Finish up by clicking the “Show Motors” button to display your results.
- You can also specify the machinery/equipment category.
- To start a new search, click the “Reset” button.
How to Make the Most of the Search
- Specify the correct parameters: Our electric motor search allows you to locate AC and DC motors. Specifying your power type will narrow down your results significantly.
- Use the correct range: The upper and lower limits of HP, RPM and VF let you find motors that fall between both values. Ensure the value you input represents the correct range.
- Supply as much information as you can: Although we can help you locate your desired motor easily, supplying as many details as possible will help you narrow down your search much faster. Broaden your search criterias if you don’t find the motor you are looking for.
- Contact The Seller: In your search results, you can either click “Contact Seller” to the right of the motor listing to get in contact with the motor seller right away, or click on the motor listing title to view more details for the motor.
In rare cases when there are no results that match your search parameters, you can submit a Wanted Request to that will go to dealers that specialize in motors and will most likely have your motor in stock but are just not advertising it online right now.
If you need further assistance using the Electric Motor Search or finding the right equipment, don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.