A hydraulic press can be difficult to sell for those business owners looking to upgrade their old equipment. Due to the general size and weight of a press, increased rigging and shipping costs over the past 2 years, finding a committed buyer can be challenging.
However, there are some options available to streamline the process of reselling your hydraulic press. If it’s just sitting in your warehouse taking up space, it’s likely time to sell it. In the following post we’ll answer some common questions for how and where you can sell a hydraulic press.
What Should I do Before Selling My Press?
It is likely that you are already investigating different methods in which you can easily sell your used hydraulic press, however, it is important to take note of the following tips and advice before selling your hydraulic press.
Research Online for Similar Presses
Before you dive into listing your press online, it’s best to see what kind of demand is already out there. Go to the Hydraulic Press category page and you can see hundreds of used and surplus presses for sale. You’ll quickly get an idea on the popular manufacturers and models that people are selling. You can also get a feel for the price based on the size of the press. If you find a press similar to the one you’re attempting to sell, you can easily click “Request Quote” to get the price from the dealer and find an estimated value of your press.
Keep on top of Maintenance
Even if you are ready to ship out your piece of gear to the sales yard, staying on top of general maintenance until the press leaves your front door is a great idea. By continuing this practice you’re not only going to maintain/improve upon the value of your equipment but also, you will guarantee a smooth sales process by eliminating potential complaints from your interested buyers.
Your Hydraulic Press Analysis
Understanding the current value, demand and turnover rate of used equipment and machinery can be daunting. Trying to figure out the best way to market your press can be a shot in the dark, but luckily we’re here to tell you the best specifications you should have to help sell your press quickly.
No one is going to buy your press if you upload a few lackluster photos and simply list the manufacturer’s name. You need to provide prospective buyers with the machine’s exact specifications. Here’s the information we recommend including:
- Capacity in Tons
- Manufacturer & Model
- Shut Height for the Press
- Bed size for the press
- Stroke of the press
- CNC Controls?
- Daylight of press
- Throat of the press
- Any addons like light curtains, or servo feeders, cushions, etc.
To relieve your business from such a task, a seller could utilize a platform like Surplus Record which has an extensive 97 years of experience with the sales of second-hand equipment and machinery. We’ll help you get all the details you need in order to sell your press and help you advertise it in the best possible way. Surplus Record also offers one of the most complete online catalogs for used equipment and machinery available, making it extremely easy for an eager seller to compare the prices of items, review the current demand for a range of equipment/machinery and more.
Repair before Selling
If your business is practically or financially able to repair damaged equipment/machinery before selling, you should always do so. Conducting repairs before selling the press, more often than not, will drastically increase the value of the product and improve the likelihood of completing the desired sale. If you have a crack in the frame of the press, the entire press could be worthless, as the structure will be compromised, so take care when moving the press around the shop for any repairs.
Where Can I Sell My Hydraulic Press(es)?
You will find your best bet to sell your hydraulic press in a professional, fast and easy manner with our Surplus Record platform. If you’re able to field phone calls and reply to emails from potential buyers with questions about the press, then you’ll want to try and sell on Surplus Record. We have over 100 years of experience with selling used, new and surplus industrial equipment and machinery and, we would be more than happy to help with any inquiries you have regarding using our platform as a means to sell your hydraulic press. Some of our hydraulic press sales options can be reviewed below.
How do I Improve My Listing for a Hydraulic Press?
A seller can personally list their used machinery/equipment on Surplus Record quickly. To begin, start by hovering over the “Sell with Us” link found in the black navigation bar at the top of the Surplus Record website. Here you will find a “Sell Your Equipment” option, left click on it and you will be taken to a new page where you’ll find all the options available to you.
Tips and hints for selling your Hydraulic Press:
- Take full and quality photos. No potential buyer will be interested in a press that they can’t see. For your initial photo, make sure both the top of the press and bottom are in full view.
- Write a description which is clear and informative. This will provide a buyer with all of the information he/she needs.
- Be available to communicate. If you don’t make time to talk with potential buyers and answer questions, don’t expect to sell your press.
- Review active listings for reference. Have a look into the hydraulic presses already for sale on our listings page to further your understanding of current value, availability and more.
If you’re looking to explore having an auction to sell multiple presses or industrial equipment, you can request more information about our auction options by visiting our contact page, selecting “Auctions” as your reason for contact, and providing us with your business information. Our knowledgeable customer service professionals will be more than happy to provide you with all the information you need.
Why Should I Sell My Hydraulic Press with Surplus Record?
- High Exposure: Your use machinery & equipment for sale will be viewable to over 100,000 active users every month.
- Zero Fees: When you sell something from Surplus Record, you pay $0 in commissions.
- Community: Be actively involved in the world’s largest community of used machinery & equipment dealers.
- Reliability: Sell your used inventory quickly on Surplus Record. We don’t hide any of your contact information behind a paywall, and end users can call you directly when looking at one of your listings.
- Exclusivity: Receive personal access to used machinery & equipment deals and promotions within our “Wanteds” section.
- Experience: With 100 years of practice, Surplus Record offers users some of the most professional used machinery and equipment knowledge to be found worldwide.
How Do I Get Started with Selling?
If you have used equipment or machinery to sell, please get in touch with our professional team for personal advice, or you can simply follow the easy step-by-step sales process in the “Sell Your Equipment” section of our platform.
For more information regarding any topic feel free to contact our knowledgeable team today!