Detailed Product Description
OMAX 80160 Precision Abrasive Waterjet
Manufactured – 2004
ï § X-Y table with motorized Z-Axis
ï § MAXJET® nozzle including all necessary high-pressure plumbing
ï § OMAX patented motion control software incorporating Windows® software
OMAX P4050V Direct Drive Pump
ï § Variable speed 40 hp pump for variable output pressure
ï § Pressure safety blow down valve
ï § Charge pump included
ï § No in-rush current upon starting
ï § Pump seals cooling water is recycled
ï § Remote or local control
ï § Very easy access to all components for repair and maintenance
600 Lbs Abrasive Hopper
Water Level Control
PC Based Computer with Windows 10
Location: St. Louis MO Area
The OMAX® Model 80160 Precision Abrasive Waterjet - 40HP Variable Frequency Drive Pump consists of the following:
• X-Y table with motorized Z-Axis
• MAXJET nozzle including all necessary high-pressure plumbing
• OMAX patented motion control software incorporating Windowsï software
• 600 lb. Abrasive Delivery System
• 40 horsepower variable speed direct drive pump with dual on/off valve
• Rigid gantry design utilizing 3-point alignment for ultimate alignment accuracy
• Z-Axis carriage designed to provide high accuracy parts and repeatability
Computer Control System
Hardware Personal computer
Control Software Integrated CAD/CAM system with Intelli-MAXï Cutting Enhancements developed by OMAX. Windowsï based patented controller.
Footprint 243" x 134"
Weight (tank empty) 10,000 lbs.
Operating Weight 35,000 lbs.
Work Envelope/Cutting Table
X-Axis Travel 168"
Y-Axis Travel 80"
X-Axis Table Size 174"
Y-Axis Table Size 91"
Material Support Slats 4" x 1/8" Galvanized Steel
Maximum supported material load 250 lbs./ Square Foot
• Closed loop, digital drives
• Brushless servo motors
• Pre-loaded ballscrews with recirculating ball bearings and hardened precision ground ways
• Bridge style Y-Axis
• Single cutting head
• Motorized precision Z-Axis, controlled from software. Provides automatic stand-off and “heads-up" traversing
180 inches per minute standard (higher speeds obtainable)
High Pressure Pump With Variable Drive
40 horsepower pump with variable drive, operates at a pressure of 0 to 50,000 psi
Features and benefits when compared to intensifier pumps:
• Less power consumed
• Lower operating costs
• Compact and quiet
• Less water used
• Easy to maintain
• Can cut as fast as 50 HP intensifier pump
The OMAX controller is a standard PC with modifications to allow it to safely control the OMAX.
• Windowsï based computer, with current Intel processor
• Designed by OMAX specifically for abrasivejet and waterjet machining
• Virtually unlimited programming capacity for long tool paths and complex shapes
• Intelli-MAX cutting model provides the fastest, most accurate tool paths for abrasive waterjet
• Built-in array nesting routines that optimize part placement for optimum material use
• Optimal stack height calculator lets you maximize your machine time by stacking materials
• High/low pressure piercing for machining tough/fragile materials
• Automatically gathers machine and part history and statistics, which can be viewed and printed
• Drawing program (Layout) includes abrasivejet and waterjet specific tools
• Tool path fonts are available for lettering and etching part numbers
• Automatic tool path generation, including lead-ins and lead-outs
• Precision time estimation for accurate job costing and reporting
• Online documentation via extensive help screens, built-in video and technical documents
• INTELLI-TRACE¢ feature that automatically traces a photograph or bitmapped image and converts it to a Layout drawing.
Mixing Tube 0.030" ceramic matrix tungsten carbide
Options Available At Additional Charge
• Setup & Training*
• Preventative Maintenance*
• ALL current Omax accessories are available for this machine. Let us customize the machine to match YOUR specific needs.
• (1) Month of free phone support*
• Parts in stock St. Louis, MO
*Available by Zimmerman-McDonald Machinery Omax factory trained technican. We have over 21 years of Omax waterjet experience.
Available Around mid to late September 2019
About the Dealer
Founded in 1886, and we've stood the test of time.
Now, 130 years later, we have managed through all cycles in the American manufacturing environment and we've weathered the harshest economic tides in American history.
We understand the importance of careful investments and sound decisions and how those impact the purchase, sale, use, maintenance and long-term returns for all types of new and used machine tools.
We have extensive experience and qualifications and you can count on us to act as your industry solutions expert to support your requirements for both used and new machine tools, or custom solutions for your manufacturing needs.
Products & Services
Appraisers, Machinery & Equipment
Boring Mills, Horz. & Vert.
Water Jet Cutting Machinery
Associations & Affiliations