15" x 24" SUPERTEC UNIVERSAL I.D./O.D. CYLINDRICAL GRINDER
** Comes with "Babbit Bearing Spindle" Option ($10,000 Cost) **
** Capable of Adding a Swing Down I.D. Grinding Attachment from the OEM **
MODEL G38P-60NC w/"Mitsubishi" PLC Automatic Infeed Control
S/N: GD12018 NEW: 2012
Distance Between Centers: 24"
Swing Over Table: 15"
Max. Grinding Diameter: 14"
Max. Load Held Between Centers: 330 lbs
Hand feed travel: 7.8"
Auto incremental infeed (NC) 0.0001" ~ 0.0999"
Handwheel per division: 0.0002"
Handwheel per revolution: 0.08"
Infeed travel: 9.6"
Top slide sliding travel: 7"
Swiveling angle (R&L): 30
Automatic rapid travel: 1.75"
20" Diameter Grinding Wheel (Babbit Spindle Option)
Wheel speed: 1650 rpm
Swivelling angle (R&L): 7
Traverse speed (infi variable): 1.2"~275"/min
Handwheel per revolution: 0.39"
Swiveling angle (R&L): 90
Center taper: with option MT5
Spindle speed (infi variable): 30~350 rpm
Center taper: option MT5
Quill travel: 1"
INTERNAL GRINDING SPINDLE
Spindle speed:G32P/G38P 12000/18000 rpm or 25000 rpm
Max. grinding bore: 4.33" or 2.17"
Max. chucking length: 8"~12.4"
Max. chucking diameter: 6"
Wheel spindle motor: 10 H.P. (Babbit Spindle Option)
Workhead motor: 2HP(4P)
Hydraulic pump: 2HP(4P)
Coolant pump: .25HP(2P)
Internal grinding motor: 2HP(2P)
Net weight: 10340 lbs
Gross weight: 11220 lbs
Packing dimension: 119"x90"x79"(L x W x H)
- Mitsubishi PLC control uses a menu-driven LCD touch screen - it
is easy to learn and easy to set-up. Simply fill in the blanks to set
the total grinding amount, rough increment, fine increment, spark-
out passes, feeding direction, parking position, and retracting
clearance - then press cycle start to complete an automatic
- Heavily ribbed box-type base is made of Meehanite castings,
providing excellent rigidity to ensure machine stability.
- Hydraulics, coolant and lubrication systems are separated
from machine to eliminate vibration and dissipate heat.
- Sturdy rigid-designed workhead is electronically controlled
giving variable spindle speeds ranging from 30-350RPM.
Workhead swivels 90CCW to 90CW for various grinding operations.
- A dual oil seal and cover prevents coolant seepage into the workhead.
- The design of the tailstock is both rigid and robust. Housed in
a cast body, the hardened nitralloy steel sleeve is designed to
carry a MT4 center.
- Cartridge type wheel spindle is equipped with four super precision
class 7 (ABEC) bearings incorporated with 7 1/2 HP spindle motor
ensure high accuracy.
- One V and one flat hand-scraped guideways are Turcite coated and
incorporated with an automatic lubrication system and micro-stepping
motor. Smooth movement of the wheelhead delivers longer way life
with superior positioning accuracy and repeatability.
- A special upper slide design adds 7" (180mm) in total wheelhead
travel and increases grinding capacity.
- Rigid table with box-type structure travels on a cushion of oil
with no metal-to-metal contact.Table is fully supported in the full
travel to avoid overhang.
- A swiveling table dial indicator enables rapid cylindricity
corrections and taper grinding applications.
- Slideways, leadscrews are continuously lubricated by an auto-lube
system to ensure long service life and maintain maximum accuracy.
- "Babbit" Bearing Spindle Option - Combination of "Hydrostatic"
& "Hydrodynamic" Bearings, Surrounded by a High Pressure of Oil Film.
No Metal-to-Metal Contact. A Pressure Switch Interlock Prevents
Spindle Start-Up until Oil Pressure is Established.
Highly Accurate, and Assures Longer Life.
- 10 H.P. Spindle Motor, 20" Grinding Wheel Capability (Babbit Bearing Spindle Option)
- No. 5MT Workhead & Tailstock Spindle Tapers Option
- Auto lube system
- Coolant system
- Mitutoyo "KA Counter" 2X DRO, Presently the Machine has 1 Glass Scale, for
the Infeed of the Wheelhead Movement
- Wired Presently for 220 Volts
This is a Current Model Machine. If you desire a Swing Down I.D Grinding Attchment with
I.D. Grinding Spindle, we can provide a New Unit from Supertec.
** Exceptional Condition & Appearance - 2012 Vintage Machine!! **
** Inspect Under Power in our Harrison, N.J. Warehouse **